- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cinnamon stick or 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup jasmine or basmati rice, rinsed well and drained
- Zest from 1 small lime, removed with a vegetable peeler
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. coconut extract
- 1 large firm-ripe mango
- Garnish with 10 lime slices and grated lime zest (optional)
- Bring milk and cinnamon to a simmer in a small saucepan. Cover, remove from heat and let steep while cooking rice.
- Bring 2 cups water and the salt to a full boil in a 2 qt. saucepan. Stir in rice. Place strips of lime zest on top. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until water is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Discard zest. Fluff rice with a fork; leave in saucepan.
- Pour warm milk over rice.
- Stir in sugar.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat. When small bubbles appear around edge of pan, reduce heat to medium-low.
- Gently simmer 15 to 20 minutes, stirring frequently, until pudding is thick and creamy.
- Remove from heat; stir in lime juice and extracts.
- Let cool 5 minutes.
- Holding mango firmly on a cutting board, cut a single slice along each side of the long flat seed so you have 2 halves.
- Cut side strips from seed.
- Remove peel from halves and strips. Dice 1/2 mango and side strips; cut remaining 1/2 crosswise into 10 thin slices for garnish.
- Stir diced mango into pudding.
- Let pudding cool about 20 minutes if serving warm.
- Garnish each with a mango and lime slice and grated lime zest.
NotesThis is a nice change from your basic rice pudding. And who doesn't love mangoes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Taste of CenturyLink
Get Cookin'See More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More