- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cinnamon stick or 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup jasmine or basmati rice, rinsed well and drained
- Zest from 1 small lime, removed with a vegetable peeler
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. coconut extract
- 1 large firm-ripe mango
- Garnish with 10 lime slices and grated lime zest (optional)
- Bring milk and cinnamon to a simmer in a small saucepan. Cover, remove from heat and let steep while cooking rice.
- Bring 2 cups water and the salt to a full boil in a 2 qt. saucepan. Stir in rice. Place strips of lime zest on top. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until water is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Discard zest. Fluff rice with a fork; leave in saucepan.
- Pour warm milk over rice.
- Stir in sugar.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat. When small bubbles appear around edge of pan, reduce heat to medium-low.
- Gently simmer 15 to 20 minutes, stirring frequently, until pudding is thick and creamy.
- Remove from heat; stir in lime juice and extracts.
- Let cool 5 minutes.
- Holding mango firmly on a cutting board, cut a single slice along each side of the long flat seed so you have 2 halves.
- Cut side strips from seed.
- Remove peel from halves and strips. Dice 1/2 mango and side strips; cut remaining 1/2 crosswise into 10 thin slices for garnish.
- Stir diced mango into pudding.
- Let pudding cool about 20 minutes if serving warm.
- Garnish each with a mango and lime slice and grated lime zest.
NotesThis is a nice change from your basic rice pudding. And who doesn't love mangoes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Broiled Salmon with Olive-Tomato Vinaigrette
Peanut and pretzel truffles
Veggie KebabsSee More