- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cinnamon stick or 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup jasmine or basmati rice, rinsed well and drained
- Zest from 1 small lime, removed with a vegetable peeler
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. coconut extract
- 1 large firm-ripe mango
- Garnish with 10 lime slices and grated lime zest (optional)
- Bring milk and cinnamon to a simmer in a small saucepan. Cover, remove from heat and let steep while cooking rice.
- Bring 2 cups water and the salt to a full boil in a 2 qt. saucepan. Stir in rice. Place strips of lime zest on top. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until water is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Discard zest. Fluff rice with a fork; leave in saucepan.
- Pour warm milk over rice.
- Stir in sugar.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat. When small bubbles appear around edge of pan, reduce heat to medium-low.
- Gently simmer 15 to 20 minutes, stirring frequently, until pudding is thick and creamy.
- Remove from heat; stir in lime juice and extracts.
- Let cool 5 minutes.
- Holding mango firmly on a cutting board, cut a single slice along each side of the long flat seed so you have 2 halves.
- Cut side strips from seed.
- Remove peel from halves and strips. Dice 1/2 mango and side strips; cut remaining 1/2 crosswise into 10 thin slices for garnish.
- Stir diced mango into pudding.
- Let pudding cool about 20 minutes if serving warm.
- Garnish each with a mango and lime slice and grated lime zest.
NotesThis is a nice change from your basic rice pudding. And who doesn't love mangoes.
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
GRILLED SHRIMP SCAMPI
Peach Compote Sauce
Risotto con speck e meleSee More