- Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes
- Servings: 1- 10 inch pie
- Preparation Time:
- For the Graham cracker crust:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- For the Filling:
- 1/3 cup mango, pureed
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 up key lime juice
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup mango, diced
- 3 cups whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make crust: in large bowl, combine cracker crumbs, sugar, cinnamon and butter; mix well. Press mix into a 10-inch pie pan, sides and bottom. Set aside.
- Make filling: in a food processor (or blender) process mango until pureed. Add egg yolks, lime juice and the two cans of milk. Mix, combining well. Fold in the diced mango using a rubber spatula to keep the mango intact.
- Pour mixture into crust and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove and cool pie completely. Keep refrigerated until shortly before serving. Top with fresh whipped cream.
NotesAll I have to say is...WOW! This is a beautiful, creamy and very tasty pie. I decorated with mango slices, kiwi, maraschino cherries and sprinkled some almonds on top. This makes a large 10 inch pie. I got the recipe from recipezaar.com (recipe# 119604) and made it for my son’s birthday. Needless to say…it was a big hit!!
Original Recipe Comment:
"From the Florida Keys to our local newspaper a couple years back. The recipe was submitted by Chef Cox of the Old Calypso House". By Tweeky
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More