- Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes
- Servings: 1- 10 inch pie
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryAll I have to say is...WOW! This is a beautiful, creamy and very tasty pie. I decorated with mango slices, kiwi, maraschino cherries and sprinkled some almonds on top. This makes a large 10 inch pie. I got the recipe from recipezaar.com (recipe# 119604) and made it for my son’s birthday. Needless to say…it was a big hit!!
Original Recipe Comment:
"From the Florida Keys to our local newspaper a couple years back. The recipe was submitted by Chef Cox of the Old Calypso House". By Tweeky
- For the Graham cracker crust:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- For the Filling:
- 1/3 cup mango, pureed
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 up key lime juice
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup mango, diced
- 3 cups whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make crust: in large bowl, combine cracker crumbs, sugar, cinnamon and butter; mix well. Press mix into a 10-inch pie pan, sides and bottom. Set aside.
- Make filling: in a food processor (or blender) process mango until pureed. Add egg yolks, lime juice and the two cans of milk. Mix, combining well. Fold in the diced mango using a rubber spatula to keep the mango intact.
- Pour mixture into crust and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove and cool pie completely. Keep refrigerated until shortly before serving. Top with fresh whipped cream.
Best of Eva's Family Recipes
Get Fit With Good Food!
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Frank's Redhot Buffalo Chicken Dip
Applesauce Oaties – Great, Great Grandma Hannon
Pumpkin CheesecakeSee More