- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryMy husband loved this! It was really easy to make, too.
This recipe makes 4 servings, and if you are on Weight Watchers, the servings are four points each.
- 2 average size mangos, or 1 large mango, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup low fat milk
- In a blender, combine mangoes, ricotta, sugar and lime juice.
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup cold water and let stand until gel-like in texture (about two minutes) then pour into blender.
- In a saucepan, bring the milk to a boil and pour into blender.
- Puree everything.
- Pour mousse into four eight ounce dishes and cover with plastic wrap.
- Freeze for about two hours, until set.
- Do not leave in the freezer too long, though. I made that mistake and then had to thaw them out.
Get Fit With Good Food!
Jesuit Tampa - Between Practice and Homework
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knifeSee More
Gluten Free Vietnamese Perogies
Campbell's Kitchen Slow Cooker Bacon Potato ChowderSee More