- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 ripe mangos
- 6 Tbsps honey
- 1 cup fruit juice
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- Cut mango into cubes.
- The easiest way to do this is to hold the mango upright and slice down along the flat sides of the seed. Score the flesh of the fruit, cutting to but not through, the skin.
- Then cut the pieces off from the skin.
- Peel the center slice and cut as much as possible away from the seed.
- Puree the mango with the honey in a blender or processor.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the juice and allow to stand for a few minutes to soften the gelatin.
- Heat the juice until the gelatin has dissolved.
- Combine the juice-gelatin mixture with the fruit puree and refrigerate until it is cold and beginning to thicken.
- Beat with a mixer on high speed until the mixture is very light and foamy.
- Pour into a mold or individual dessert dishes and chill until set.
NotesHere is an easy, very light fruit mousse. I haven't tried it with other fruits but imagine that it would work well with apricots, come summer, or peaches. You might need to blanch the peaches to keep them from turning brown.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Rainbows Of Vegan LoveSee More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More