- Cooking Time: 15 to 20
- Preparation Time:
- 12 (8") flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbls butter, melted
- 1 cup strawberries (hulled and finely diced)
- 1 ripe mango (peeled and finely diced)
- 1 kiwi (peeled and finely diced)
- 1 lime
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds (coarsely chopped)
- 1 jar strawberry ice cream topping
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Trim tortillas to form triangles (discard scraps). Cut a 1" slit in each side of triangles.
- Brush tortillas with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Press tortillas into cups of a 12 cup muffin pan. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Remove from oven; cool 5 minutes.
- Remove shells from pan and place on cooling rack to cool completely.
- Place 1 tsp lime zest , 1 tbls lime juice and all prepared fruit into bowl and stir gently.
- For each sundae; spoon 2 tbls of the strawberry ice cream topping onto dessert plate, place one tortilla shell onto sauce, then one scoop ice cream into each shell and top with fruit salsa. Sprinkle with almonds and serve immediately.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More