- Cooking Time: N/A
- Servings: 7-8
- Preparation Time: 15-20
- 1 Cup diced mango
- 3/4 Cup diced and seeded Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup diced red onion
- 1/3 Cup fine chopped cilantro
- Salt to taste
- Juice from lime or a wedge of lemon (to taste)
- 1/2 of a finely diced jalapeño (optional)
- Mix everything together and let it sit anywhere from a few hours to overnight. The flavor really develops and its good on anything. Also remember while the tomatoes are there the mango is the star of the show.
NotesSo here's the deal. I really like Mexican food in almost all its forms (menudo being the only thing I don't do) and I've been making Pico de Gallo and Guacamole for years, but recently I ate the sweetest mango and just had to make a salsa out of it. To some I just added mango to Pico (which I did technically) but the real flavor comes after it sat for a day. Think a sweeter but still spicy or just bright fresh flavor on your tacos or burritos.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Short & SweetSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More