- Cooking Time: N/A
- Servings: 7-8
- Preparation Time: 15-20
BackstorySo here's the deal. I really like Mexican food in almost all its forms (menudo being the only thing I don't do) and I've been making Pico de Gallo and Guacamole for years, but recently I ate the sweetest mango and just had to make a salsa out of it. To some I just added mango to Pico (which I did technically) but the real flavor comes after it sat for a day. Think a sweeter but still spicy or just bright fresh flavor on your tacos or burritos.
- 1 Cup diced mango
- 3/4 Cup diced and seeded Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup diced red onion
- 1/3 Cup fine chopped cilantro
- Salt to taste
- Juice from lime or a wedge of lemon (to taste)
- 1/2 of a finely diced jalapeño (optional)
- Mix everything together and let it sit anywhere from a few hours to overnight. The flavor really develops and its good on anything. Also remember while the tomatoes are there the mango is the star of the show.