- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryTropical flavors of mango and citrus complement black beans in this colorful salad.
Per serving (about 9oz/257g-wt.): 360 calories (220 from fat), 25g total fat, 3.5g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 530mg sodium, 33g total carbohydrate (12g dietary fiber, 9g sugar), 7g protein
- 2 firm-ripe avocados, halved, peeled, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1 firm-ripe mango, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, more for garnish
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Gently toss avocado with a tablespoon of lime juice in a medium bowl; add mango, jalapeño and salt and toss to combine.
- To make the lime vinaigrette, whisk together the remaining lime juice, zest, sugar and cilantro in a small bowl. Whisk in the oil until thoroughly combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss the black beans with the vinaigrette.
- To assemble the salad, spoon the black bean mixture onto the middle of a small platter. Arrange the chopped mango and avocado around the black beans. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve immediately.