- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 2 firm-ripe avocados, halved, peeled, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1 firm-ripe mango, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, more for garnish
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Gently toss avocado with a tablespoon of lime juice in a medium bowl; add mango, jalapeño and salt and toss to combine.
- To make the lime vinaigrette, whisk together the remaining lime juice, zest, sugar and cilantro in a small bowl. Whisk in the oil until thoroughly combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss the black beans with the vinaigrette.
- To assemble the salad, spoon the black bean mixture onto the middle of a small platter. Arrange the chopped mango and avocado around the black beans. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve immediately.
NotesTropical flavors of mango and citrus complement black beans in this colorful salad.
Per serving (about 9oz/257g-wt.): 360 calories (220 from fat), 25g total fat, 3.5g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 530mg sodium, 33g total carbohydrate (12g dietary fiber, 9g sugar), 7g protein
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More