- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 c white basmati rice
- 1 c orange juice
- 1/2 c lime juice
- 4 t sugar
- 1/4 t fresh-grated nutmeg
- 2 firm-ripe mangoes
- salt to taste
- In a large bowl, stir rice in cool water; drain. Repeat several times until water is no longer cloudy. Drain rice.
- Combine rice and 3 c water. Bring to a boil, then cover and turn heat down. Simmer until tender, about 15 minutes; do not stir.
- Pour rice into a colander to drain; let stand until cool.
- Combine lime and oranges juices with sugar, nutmeg and rice.
- Peel mangoes, then cut fruit into small pieces and add to bowl of rice. Add salt to taste.
- Serve at room temperature.
NotesThis recipe came from a Sunset Magazine issue in June of 1998. We have enjoyed it countless times since. There is no added oil in this salad, so it's very lean and light!
Paul's Food World Volume 1
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free MamaSee More
Hazelnut and Espresso Cookies
Southern Fried Pork Chops
Wine Marinated Pork Tenderloin with Braised Green CabbageSee More