- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 c white basmati rice
- 1 c orange juice
- 1/2 c lime juice
- 4 t sugar
- 1/4 t fresh-grated nutmeg
- 2 firm-ripe mangoes
- salt to taste
- In a large bowl, stir rice in cool water; drain. Repeat several times until water is no longer cloudy. Drain rice.
- Combine rice and 3 c water. Bring to a boil, then cover and turn heat down. Simmer until tender, about 15 minutes; do not stir.
- Pour rice into a colander to drain; let stand until cool.
- Combine lime and oranges juices with sugar, nutmeg and rice.
- Peel mangoes, then cut fruit into small pieces and add to bowl of rice. Add salt to taste.
- Serve at room temperature.
NotesThis recipe came from a Sunset Magazine issue in June of 1998. We have enjoyed it countless times since. There is no added oil in this salad, so it's very lean and light!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Recipes for Vitality
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More