- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 (4-inch) Ramekins or small casserole dishes
- 4 to 6 slices (¾- to 1-inch thick) French bread, depending on the size of loaf
- Sliced turkey or chicken
- Sliced ham
- Cheese Sauce:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- ½ to ¾ pound Velveeta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Prepare cheese sauce by first making a roux. Put the butter and flour in a saucepan over medium heat
- and stir constantly until light brown. Slowly add milk, blending in well. Reduce heat to medium-low then
- add chunks of Velveeta and blend until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste (ham is salty so allow for
- this). You may need to thin out the sauce to “medium thickness” because the bread is supposed to absorb
- most of the liquid – you don’t want the liquid staying on top of the bread.
- 2. Spread margarine on 1 side of each slice of bread; broil that side until golden brown, turn, and toast
- other side. Fit 1 slice of toasted bread to fill bottom of each Ramekin or small casserole dish. You may
- have to use 1 and a half slices if 1 slice doesn’t fill the bottom of the dish.
- 3. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- 4. Thinly slice an adequate amount of meats to make a depth of about 1 inch of meat in each dish. Layer
- meats on top of bread then pour warm cheese sauce within ¼-inch of the rim; bake for about 15 minutes
- or until it starts to bubble.
CustomFit Clean & Tasty
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3See More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More