- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Filling ingredients:
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 2 tbls chopped onions
- 2 slices of bread, torn apart in little pcs.
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- dash of pepper
- Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 oz. mushroom pcs.
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- 2 tbls onion
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- dash pepper
- 1/4 cup parmesean cheese
- Other ingredients:
- 1 box manicotti noodles
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese
- Cook burger and onions in large skillet until meat is brown. Drain fat.
- Stir in remaining filling ingredients.
- Fill uncooked noodles with filling ingredients packing from both ends.
- Place in ungreased baking pan 8x8 or 9x9.
- Before cooking, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add all sauce ingredients to a saucepan and warm over medium heat.
- Pour warmed sauce over shells
- Cover with foil and bake until tender 1 1/2 - 1 3/4 hours.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Cool 5-10 minutes before serving.
- (Feel free to leave out the mushrooms and or onions if you do not like them.)
NotesI got this recipe from my high school Foods class and I have been making it ever since. It is excellent.
(Feel free to leave out the mushrooms and or onions if you do not like them.)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Smitten Million Dollar Peanut Butter CookiesSee More