- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryMy husband's favorite Turkish dish! Sort of like ravioli in yogurt sauce...very tasty!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin(preferably Greek)olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground lean lamb
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over moderate heat until hot but not smoking. Stir in the onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the lamb and the parsley, and cook, stirring and breaking up any lumps, until the lamb changes color.
- Remove from heat and generously season with salt and pepper.
- Set aside.