- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
- 2 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tbs. brown sugar
- 2 Tbs. maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Place softened butter in a large bowl. Beat with electric mixer for 30-40 seconds until soft and whipped.
- Scrape sides of bowl. Sift powdered sugar into bowl. Beat with mixer 30-40 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl and add the brown sugar and maple syrup.
- Beat for 2-3 minutes or until mixture is fluffy, scraping sides of bowl as needed.
- Stir in walnuts until just mixed and spread on cooled cake.
NotesA note on the buttercream: I opted not to use walnuts, as I'm not a fan of nuts in my desserts. If you do use them, however, and are using a piping bag to frost cupcakes, don't add the nuts into the buttercream. This will only clog up your pastry bag and you won't be able to pipe anything out, unless the nuts are chopped up real small and you are using a large pastry tip. The chopped walnuts can be sprinkled on top afterwards.
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Savoury Gluntinous Rice
Bruschetta with Tomato and BasilSee More