- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryA note on the buttercream: I opted not to use walnuts, as I'm not a fan of nuts in my desserts. If you do use them, however, and are using a piping bag to frost cupcakes, don't add the nuts into the buttercream. This will only clog up your pastry bag and you won't be able to pipe anything out, unless the nuts are chopped up real small and you are using a large pastry tip. The chopped walnuts can be sprinkled on top afterwards.
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
- 2 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tbs. brown sugar
- 2 Tbs. maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Place softened butter in a large bowl. Beat with electric mixer for 30-40 seconds until soft and whipped.
- Scrape sides of bowl. Sift powdered sugar into bowl. Beat with mixer 30-40 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl and add the brown sugar and maple syrup.
- Beat for 2-3 minutes or until mixture is fluffy, scraping sides of bowl as needed.
- Stir in walnuts until just mixed and spread on cooled cake.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
BROWNIE CUPCAKES WITH PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING
Chocolate Chia Protein-Pudding
Bagel PizzaSee More