- Cooking Time: 50
- Servings: ½ gallon (1 pint)
- Preparation Time: 20
- 6 cups (1½ Cups) Vermont maple syrup
- 4 oz (2 tbsp) chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 cups (½ cup) apple cider vinegar
- 1½ cups (⅓ cup) brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (1½ tsp) Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tbsp (1 tbsp) dry rub mix
- 8 cups (2 cup) ketchup
- ---Dry Rub---
- 4 tbsp (1 tbsp) brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (1½ tsp) kosher salt
- 2 tbsp (1½ tsp) chili powder
- 1 tbsp (¾ tsp) black pepper
- 1 tbsp (¾ tsp) onion powder
- 1 tbsp (¾ tsp) garlic powder
- 1 tbsp (¾ tsp) red pepper flakes
- Combine maple syrup and chipotle peppers in a thick-bottomed stainless steel pot.
- Cook on medium-low heat for 20 minutes or until syrup has reduced by half.
- Add apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, dry rub, and ketchup and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and purée with hand held stick blender. Serve with chicken or pork.
NotesThe yield here is a crowd suitable size 1/2 gallon. To make a more family cooking friendly size yield, use the ingredient amounts in the parentheses, which comes to 1 pint of sauce.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Halloween Easy Eerie EdiblesSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More