- Cooking Time: 50
- Servings: ½ gallon (1 pint)
- Preparation Time: 20
- 6 cups (1½ Cups) Vermont maple syrup
- 4 oz (2 tbsp) chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 cups (½ cup) apple cider vinegar
- 1½ cups (⅓ cup) brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (1½ tsp) Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tbsp (1 tbsp) dry rub mix
- 8 cups (2 cup) ketchup
- ---Dry Rub---
- 4 tbsp (1 tbsp) brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (1½ tsp) kosher salt
- 2 tbsp (1½ tsp) chili powder
- 1 tbsp (¾ tsp) black pepper
- 1 tbsp (¾ tsp) onion powder
- 1 tbsp (¾ tsp) garlic powder
- 1 tbsp (¾ tsp) red pepper flakes
- Combine maple syrup and chipotle peppers in a thick-bottomed stainless steel pot.
- Cook on medium-low heat for 20 minutes or until syrup has reduced by half.
- Add apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, dry rub, and ketchup and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and purée with hand held stick blender. Serve with chicken or pork.
NotesThe yield here is a crowd suitable size 1/2 gallon. To make a more family cooking friendly size yield, use the ingredient amounts in the parentheses, which comes to 1 pint of sauce.