- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 3/4 c. heavy cream (at room temperature)
- 1/4 c. maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl; set aside.
- Using a pastry blender, cut butter into flour mixture until it resembles fine crumbs.
- Blend the heavy cream with 1/4 cup maple syrup.
- Add the cream mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir until dough starts to form.
- Knead four to five times.
- Pat or roll out to 3/4 inch thick.
- Cut with a biscuit cutter and place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in microwave and the 2 Tbsp. maple syrup.
- Brush the butter/syrup mixture onto tops of biscuits with pastry brush.
- Bake approximately 12-15 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2014
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!See More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More