- Cooking Time: 60 miutesn
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup Grade B Dark Amber maple syrup (http://www.puffenbargersugarorchard.com)
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, coarsely broken
- 1 unbaked deep dish pie shell
- In saucepan boil sugar, corn syrup & maple syrup for 2 to 3 minutes.
- In large bowl beat eggs lightly and very slowly pour the syrup mixture into the eggs, stirring constantly.
- Stir in butter, vanilla, and pecans and pour into crust.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for about 45 to 60 minutes.
NotesEvery March, Highland County,VA has a Maple Festival. This is where I learned of this maple pecan pie. The dark maple syrup flavor gives a traditional pecan pie a different flare.
Submitted by: "Rhonda Smith"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More