- Cooking Time: 60 miutesn
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup Grade B Dark Amber maple syrup (http://www.puffenbargersugarorchard.com)
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, coarsely broken
- 1 unbaked deep dish pie shell
- In saucepan boil sugar, corn syrup & maple syrup for 2 to 3 minutes.
- In large bowl beat eggs lightly and very slowly pour the syrup mixture into the eggs, stirring constantly.
- Stir in butter, vanilla, and pecans and pour into crust.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for about 45 to 60 minutes.
NotesEvery March, Highland County,VA has a Maple Festival. This is where I learned of this maple pecan pie. The dark maple syrup flavor gives a traditional pecan pie a different flare.
Submitted by: "Rhonda Smith"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Adventures in CookingSee More
Cake Mix Banana Nut Bread
EZ Salami Rolls
Asparagus FrittataSee More