- Cooking Time: 150
- Servings: 2-3
- Preparation Time: 20
- 3 to 4 cloves worth of minced garlic
- 2 to 3 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp cilantro paste
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 sprig fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 cup red wine (I used a Meritage, which was really nice)
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (more to suit your tastebuds)
- 3 to 4 bone in beef short ribs
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- extra virgin olive oil
- cornstarch mixed with cold water
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix first twelve ingredients (garlic to vinegar) together in a medium bowl.
- Heat approximately 2 tbsp of oil in a small skillet and pour mixed ingredients into pan. Let bloom approimately 8 minutes.
- Add ketchup and maple syrup to pan and bring to a boil. Lower heat and let simmer for 10-15 minutes. (At this point, if you don't find the sauce is flavourful enough, add some more syrup and salt and pepper).
- Place ribs in a shallow dish and pour mixture over them. Turn ribs to coat evenly.
- Heat heavy oven proof skillet on high heat until it reaches a temperature of approximately 300F (if the pan is not hot enough, the meat will likely stick to it as we are not adding any oil [there is enough in the sauce]). Place the ribs fatty side down into skillet, reserving the sauce in the shallow dish. Sear the meat.
- Once your ribs are a lovely shade of brown, pour the reserved sauce over them and add the beef broth. Cover your skillet and transfer it to the preheated oven.
- Braise the ribs for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, turning once.
- Remove the ribs from the oven and set aside. Transfer skillet to stovetop and add cornstarch until sauce is thickened.
- Spoon sauce over ribs and serve.
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
CHOCOLATE COVERED CHERRY COOKIES
Tomato & Sweet Pepper SalsaSee More