- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 (2 1/2-pound) salmon fillet
- 6 shallots, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- Chopped parsley (optional)
- Combine first 3 ingredients in bottom of a large platter. Add fish, skin side up, to ginger mixture. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 20 minutes. Remove fish from marinade; pat dry with paper towel to remove excess marinade.
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Place a baking sheet in oven 5 minutes. Place shallots and fish, skin side down, on baking sheet; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Brush fish with 1 tablespoon syrup. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Brush with 1 tablespoon syrup; bake an additional 7 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!See More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More