MAPLE MUSTARD PORK TENDERLOIN WITH CARAMELIZED APPLES
- Servings: 4
- 2 pork tenderloins (1/2 pound each)
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons pure maple syrup (divided)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 medium granny smith apples, each peeled and cut into 16 wedges
- rosemary sprigs for garnish
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Trim fat and silver skin from pork. Place pork on baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
In small bowl, combine mustard, 2 tablespoons of the maple syrup, the rosemary, salt and pepper; brush over pork. Bake in preheated oven 25 minutes or until thermometer registers 160 degrees (slightly pink).
While pork is baking, heat non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Melt butter in pan and add apples. Saute 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Reduce heat to low and add remaining 4 tablespoons maple syrup. Simmer 10 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring occasionally.
To serve, slice pork crosswise. Lay slices on serving platter and spoon hot apples over all. Garnish with rosemary sprigs.