MAPLE NUT OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Maple Nut Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups AP flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 1/4 cups Rolled (old-fashioned) oats
- 1/2 cup chopped Pecans or Walnuts
- 8 TB (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup packed Light Brown Sugar
- 2/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup (I use Grade B instead of Grade A Dark Amber, because it has more flavor)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Milk Chocolate chips
Preheat to 350 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and oats together.
In a large bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until light and fluffy.
Beat in the egg until smooth.
Drizzle in the maple syrup, and vanilla and blend until well incorporated.
Gradually add the flour-oatmeal mixture.
Blend just until combined; then mix in the chocolate chips and pecans with a spatula.
Drop walnut-sized balls of dough onto parchment-lined cookie sheet about 2 1/2 – 3 inches apart.
Wet your fingers and flatten the cookies a little. Bake for 8 – 10 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
Set the cookie sheets on a rack to cool.