- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/4 cups AP flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 1/4 cups Rolled (old-fashioned) oats
- 1/2 cup chopped Pecans or Walnuts
- 8 TB (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup packed Light Brown Sugar
- 2/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup (I use Grade B instead of Grade A Dark Amber, because it has more flavor)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Milk Chocolate chips
- Preheat to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and oats together.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg until smooth.
- Drizzle in the maple syrup, and vanilla and blend until well incorporated.
- Gradually add the flour-oatmeal mixture.
- Blend just until combined; then mix in the chocolate chips and pecans with a spatula.
- Drop walnut-sized balls of dough onto parchment-lined cookie sheet about 2 1/2 – 3 inches apart.
- Wet your fingers and flatten the cookies a little. Bake for 8 – 10 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
- Set the cookie sheets on a rack to cool.
NotesThe addition of maple syrup to a good ‘Old-fashioned Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe’ lends a nice chewy-ness and an interesting new dimension to the flavor of these cookies.