- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 3/4 cups flour (unbleached)
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cups butter
- 3/4 cup uncooked quick rolled oats (I used large flake oats)
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup undiluted carnation 2% evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp. maple extract
- chopped nuts
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles course crumbs. Stir in oats.
- Add egg.
- Carnation and maple extract.
- Stir until moistened.
- Stir until moistened. Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full and sprinkle tops with chopped nuts.
- Bake in hot oven 400F. for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from pans; serve warm.
- Makes 1 dozen muffins
NotesI cut this recipe out of a magazine many years ago. I have made them often. The maple gives them a wonderful flavor. When I make these again I will add a pic.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Get Fit With Good Food!
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More