- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 3/4 cups flour (unbleached)
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cups butter
- 3/4 cup uncooked quick rolled oats (I used large flake oats)
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup undiluted carnation 2% evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp. maple extract
- chopped nuts
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles course crumbs. Stir in oats.
- Add egg.
- Carnation and maple extract.
- Stir until moistened.
- Stir until moistened. Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full and sprinkle tops with chopped nuts.
- Bake in hot oven 400F. for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from pans; serve warm.
- Makes 1 dozen muffins
NotesI cut this recipe out of a magazine many years ago. I have made them often. The maple gives them a wonderful flavor. When I make these again I will add a pic.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More