- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts, halved crosswise
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 475 degrees. Whisk maple syrup, mustard, zest, vinegar and thyme in bowl. Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in large oven-ready skillet over medium-high heat until oil is just smoking. Cook chicken skin-side down, until browned, about 5 minutes. Turn chicken skin side up and transfer chicken to oven. Cook until chicken is deep golden brown and cooked through, about 15 minutes. Transfer chicken to plate and tent with foil.
- Pour off any fat in pan. Add maple mixture and cook over medium heat, scraping up any browned bits with spoon, until thick and syrupy, about three minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Off heat, return chicken to pan and turn until well coated with glaze.
NotesOne of my family's favorite chicken recipes. Even the picky toddlers eat it!
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Mama Mia ... Lentils Italian Style
Gabriola Clam Chowder
Gen's Vegetable Love PizzaSee More