- Cooking Time: 20-30
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI've beeen trying to cook healthier and started trying out many Cooking Light recipes. This recipe was inspired by another Cooking Light recipe, which I altered based on the ingredients I had on hand.
- salt & pepper to season
- 2 chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 1/4 cup honey (or maple syrup, which I used instead)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cups finely crushed cornflakes (or bran flakes, which I used instead)
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400
- Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over pounded chicken breast; set aside.
- Combine honey, mustard, paprika, and garlic powder in a small bowl; stir well.
- Combine cornflakes and pecans in a shallow dish; stir well.
- Brush both sides of chicken with honey mixture; dredge in cornflake mixture.
- Place chicken pieces on a large baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Lightly coat chicken with cooking spray
- Bake at 400 for 20-30 minutes or until done.
- I served this with steamed broccoli and garlic mashed potatoes.