- Cooking Time: 20-30
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- salt & pepper to season
- 2 chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 1/4 cup honey (or maple syrup, which I used instead)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cups finely crushed cornflakes (or bran flakes, which I used instead)
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400
- Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over pounded chicken breast; set aside.
- Combine honey, mustard, paprika, and garlic powder in a small bowl; stir well.
- Combine cornflakes and pecans in a shallow dish; stir well.
- Brush both sides of chicken with honey mixture; dredge in cornflake mixture.
- Place chicken pieces on a large baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Lightly coat chicken with cooking spray
- Bake at 400 for 20-30 minutes or until done.
- I served this with steamed broccoli and garlic mashed potatoes.
NotesI've beeen trying to cook healthier and started trying out many Cooking Light recipes. This recipe was inspired by another Cooking Light recipe, which I altered based on the ingredients I had on hand.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking for a Cure
Simple Homemade Favorites
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce