- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/4 Cups pecans
- 2 1/2 Cups flour
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 Cup light brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 2/3 Cup butter, room temperature
- 3 Eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/4 Cups buttermilk
- 60 Pecan halves, for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
- Grease (2) 12-cup muffin pans or use paper liners
- Spread the pecans on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for five minutes. when cool, chop coarsely and set aside.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the granulated sugar, brown sugar, maple syrup, and butter. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time beating thoroughly after each.
- Pour half the buttermilk and half the dry ingredients into the butter mixture, then stir until blended. Repeat with the remaining buttermilk and dry ingredients.
- Fold in the chopped pecans.
- Fill the prepared cups 2/3 full. Top with the pecan halves (about three for each muffin) For even baking, half-fill any empty cups in the pan with water.
- Bake until puffed up and golden; 20-25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before unmolding.