- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup well cooked (almost to mush) navy beans
- 1/2 cup B grade (extra dark) maple syrup
- 2 tsp maple extract
- 2 egg replacer "eggs", prepared
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup melted Earth Balance (or other vegan) margarine
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 9-inch unbaked pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Puree beans in food processor or blender with maple syrup and maple extract until smooth.
- Add egg replacers, sugar and margarine and mix until well blended.
- Sprinkle raisins in bottom of pie crust. Pour filling on top and smooth.
- Bake pie for 35 to 40 minutes
NotesA wonderful treat for both your heart and your tastebuds! A rich and flavourful sweet pie filling made creamy with the addition of navy bean puree! Your guests will never know, and if you use a vegan pie crust the whole dessert is vegan! Originally from the Ontario White Bean Producers, modified by me.
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Beef , Tomatoe And Cabbage Casserole
Vanilla Crunch Clouds
Fruity With a Touch of ZingSee More