- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup well cooked (almost to mush) navy beans
- 1/2 cup B grade (extra dark) maple syrup
- 2 tsp maple extract
- 2 egg replacer "eggs", prepared
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup melted Earth Balance (or other vegan) margarine
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 9-inch unbaked pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Puree beans in food processor or blender with maple syrup and maple extract until smooth.
- Add egg replacers, sugar and margarine and mix until well blended.
- Sprinkle raisins in bottom of pie crust. Pour filling on top and smooth.
- Bake pie for 35 to 40 minutes
NotesA wonderful treat for both your heart and your tastebuds! A rich and flavourful sweet pie filling made creamy with the addition of navy bean puree! Your guests will never know, and if you use a vegan pie crust the whole dessert is vegan! Originally from the Ontario White Bean Producers, modified by me.
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing RecipesSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More