- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup well cooked (almost to mush) navy beans
- 1/2 cup B grade (extra dark) maple syrup
- 2 tsp maple extract
- 2 egg replacer "eggs", prepared
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup melted Earth Balance (or other vegan) margarine
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 9-inch unbaked pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Puree beans in food processor or blender with maple syrup and maple extract until smooth.
- Add egg replacers, sugar and margarine and mix until well blended.
- Sprinkle raisins in bottom of pie crust. Pour filling on top and smooth.
- Bake pie for 35 to 40 minutes
NotesA wonderful treat for both your heart and your tastebuds! A rich and flavourful sweet pie filling made creamy with the addition of navy bean puree! Your guests will never know, and if you use a vegan pie crust the whole dessert is vegan! Originally from the Ontario White Bean Producers, modified by me.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
VivaVeganGal's Family Favorites
NFPG Recipe Collection
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More