- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 9 - 12
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup maple syrup (only the real stuff, please!)
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients and whisk to combine thoroughly.
- In a smaller bowl, combine egg, sour cream and syrup.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients; mixing by hand just until combined.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Prepare a muffin tin by either greasing well, or by inserting paper liners.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tin, filling each cup 2/3 full.
- Mix the streusel topping and sprinkle over each batter-filled cup.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- NOTE: This makes a rather stiff batter; perfect to use with a medium size scoop for portioning. Also, the recipe for the streusel makes quite a bit more than needed, so I usually make half the amount specified.
NotesI found a version of this recipe in GOOD "OLE DAYS magazine. I added the nuts because...well...everything tastes better with nuts!!
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
DIY Tasty Gift Ideas
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Best Mediterranean Baked Stuffed Chicken
Melt Your Heart Pizza
Paleo Flank Steak with Chimichurri SauceSee More