- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 9 - 12
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup maple syrup (only the real stuff, please!)
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients and whisk to combine thoroughly.
- In a smaller bowl, combine egg, sour cream and syrup.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients; mixing by hand just until combined.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Prepare a muffin tin by either greasing well, or by inserting paper liners.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tin, filling each cup 2/3 full.
- Mix the streusel topping and sprinkle over each batter-filled cup.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- NOTE: This makes a rather stiff batter; perfect to use with a medium size scoop for portioning. Also, the recipe for the streusel makes quite a bit more than needed, so I usually make half the amount specified.
NotesI found a version of this recipe in GOOD "OLE DAYS magazine. I added the nuts because...well...everything tastes better with nuts!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Koken met Oma
Home cookingSee More
Christmas Cherry Pie
Low-Fat Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
Mughlai Chicken BiryaniSee More