- Cooking Time: 15
- Preparation Time:
- PIE CRUST- Either from scratch or refrigerated or frozen crust
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup real maple (or maple flavored) syrup
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Whipping cream and sugar to taste OR whipped cream
- Heat oven to 375.
- Place pie crust in 9-inch glass pie plate.
- In medium bowl, beat sugar, butter, syrup, salt and eggs with hand beater or wire whisk until smooth. Stir in pecans.
- Pour into crust-lined pie plate.
- Bake for 25 minutes. [Cover edge of crust with 2-3 inch strips of foil (or pie shield) to prevent excessive browning for last 15 minutes of baking].Bake for 15 minutes longer or until filling is set. Cool 15 minutes
- When pie is cooled, top with whipped cream and additional pecans; sprinkle with cinnamon or drizzle with semi-sweet chocolate- your choice!
NotesThis year I branched out and made my first every completely homemade pecan pie. I wanted to find one that was a little different than the traditional- This pie uses maple syrup to give the pie a unique flavor!
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Christmas CookiesSee More
Susan's Spicy Mac And Cheese Ala Karl: Desperate Housewives
Soggy Saturday Wings by C.C. Chapman
Recipe in a Jar by Kodak Easy ShareSee More