MARASCHINO ICE CREAM COUPES WITH CHOCOLATE SAUCE
- Ice cream
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons maraschino liqueur
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries
- 1/4 cup maraschino liqueur
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
FOR ICE CREAM:
Combine all ingredients in bowl. Freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
Cook cherries and liqueur in small saucepan over low heat until warm. Remove from heat, cover and let stand 20 minutes. Bring half and half to simmer in heavy medium saucepan. Reduce heat to low. Add chocolate and stir until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and stir in cherry mixture. Cool.
Scoop 1/4 cup prepared ice cream into each of 6 wine goblets. Spoon 2 tablespoons chocolate sauce over. Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes. Divide remaining ice cream among goblets. Spoon remaining chocolate sauce over. Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep frozen.)