- Cooking Time: 40-50 mins
- Preparation Time:
- 250 g flour
- 150-200 g butter
- 200 g sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder / or Nutella
- Whisk the egg whites with a little salt until firm, and set aside.
- Beat the yolks with sugar, add butter, vanilla and mix well.
- Mix the flour with baking powder.
- Add flour and egg whites to to the batter (alternating - a couple of spoons of flour, then a couple of spoons of egg whites). Mix everything well, and then divide the batter in two. Leave one half yellow, and add cocoa powder or Nutella to the other half.
- In a bread pan, (greased and floured) put alternatelly yellow and brown mixture.
- Bake for 40-50 mins at 180°C (350 F), or until a toothpick comes out clean.
NotesThe original recipe is with cocoa powder, but lately, I prefer substituting it with Nutella, it's so much more delicious.
Another possibility is to add white chocolate (chopped) and/or ground hazelnuts to the yellow batter, and dark chocolate chips to the dark part.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More