- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- * 1.5 Pounds fresh crabmeat, flaked
- * 4 Egg whites
- * 1 Whole egg
- * 6 Tablespoons fresh minced chives
- * 3 Tablespoons flour
- * 2 Teaspoons Tabasco
- * 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- * ½ Teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- * ½ Teaspoon garlic salt
- * ¼ Teaspoon pepper
- * 2 Cups bread crumbs
- * Olive oil
- Beat the egg whites with the whole egg and add the chives, flour, Tabasco, baking powder, Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Fold in the crab and then refrigerate the entire mix for about two hours.
- Each crab cake will be about ¼ cup of the crab mixture. Take ¼ cup crab mixture and drop it into the bread crumbs and coat it while forming it into a patty.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet (nonstick works best) over medium high heat and bake for about 4 minutes each side. You want a nice golden brown finish.
- If you want to boost the Cajun flavor a little more, add some additional Cajun seasonings to the breadcrumbs.
NotesA favorite Mardi Gras appetizer is crab cakes because they’re easy to make beforehand and are good at just about any temperature. Using fresh crabmeat makes them extra delicious.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
Two Layer Peppermint Bark
Spicy Bean Tamales
The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever!See More