MARDI GRAS SHRIMP
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, shell-on
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons garlic, minced or pressed
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup beer, at room temperature
Preheat the oven to 450°F. Cut each shrimp lengthwise through the curved part of the shell and devein, leaving the shell on.
In a 10-inch ovenproof skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, garlic, paprika, lemon juice, bay leave, rosemary, pepper, basil, oregano and cayenne. Cook, uncovered, until fragrant, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the shrimp and toss to coat with the seasoning mixture. Place the pan in the
oven and bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Pour in the beer, shake pan to mix, and continue baking until the shrimp are firm and opaque, 2 to 3 minutes longer.
Serve the shrimp in bowls with bread to dunk into the sauce.