- Cooking Time: 45 to 50
- Preparation Time:
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 box lemon pudding
- 1 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 3/4 cup triple sec
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 T tequila
- 3 T lime juice
- 3 T triple sec
- Fresh strawberries
- Fresh mint
- Preheat oven to 350 F and spray a 10 inch Bundt pan.
- For the cake, combine the oil, eggs, tequila, triple sec, and lime juice in a large bow.
- Mix well with a wooden spoon. Add the cake mix and pudding mix, and stir until just combined.
- Pour into the Bundt pan until three-fourths full.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Invert the cake onto a serving plate and punch holes throughout the cake with a skewer or ice pick.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the glaze.
- Be sure to sift the powdered sugar well, or the glaze may be lumpy.
- Combine the powdered sugar, tequila, lime, and triple sec until the sugar dissolves.
- Spoon over the warm cake, reserving several tablespoons to drizzle onto cut slices.
- Fill center hole with sliced berries and torn mint.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
NotesIt was the first really nice day of spring, and I was headed to a Sunday afternoon potluck with friends. I wanted a dessert that wouldn't weigh us down, so I made some changes to a favorite cake recipe. From Black Russian...to Margarita!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More