- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 2 pounds cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 4 medium-egg yolks
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup of a prepared margarita (not frozen)
- 1 pinch of salt
- Lime slices for garnish
- Combine crackers and butter and press into the bottom of springform pan.
- With an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese, sugar, eggs and egg yolks and beat until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and continue mixing until well incorporated.
- Pour into a springform pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 45 minutes or until the cake sets.
- Garnish individual slices with lime slice.
NotesThis is a recipe from Chef Charlie Watkins, The Blue Agave, Houston.
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Savoury Gluntinous Rice
Bruschetta with Tomato and BasilSee More