- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- For the crust:
- 4 ounces salted pretzels
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for baking pan
- For the filling:
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier or Triple Sec
- 1 tablespoon tequila
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 375° with rack in center.
- Make the crust: Butter a 9 1/2 inch springform pan; set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse pretzels to fine crumbs. Add sugar and butter; process until combined.
- Press evenly into bottom and slightly up sides (about 1 inch) of the springform pan.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake until light golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Reduce oven to 325°.
- Prepare filling: In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy, scraping down sides of bowl to eliminate any lumps, about 1 minute.
- Add sour cream, sugar, Grand Marnier, tequila, and lime zest; beat until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating to combine after each addition.
- Pour into cooled crust (filling will come up higher than crust.) Line outside of pan with aluminum foil (to prevent water from seeping in).
- Place in a roasting pan.
- Pour hot water to come halfway up sides of springform pan.
- Bake until set and slightly firm to the touch, about 1 hour.
- Remove from water bath, and let cool on a wire rack; refrigerate until chilled, about 4 hours. Run a hot knife around edge of pan to release.
- The secret to preventing the top of the cheesecake from falling and cracking is to bake it in a hot water bath, which lets the cake cook gently and evenly.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
The Italian Exchange
Adventures in CookingSee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More