MARGARITA CUPCAKES LIME BUTTERCREAM ICING
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Lime Buttercream Icing
- 3 cups + 3 Tbsp confectioner's sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (optional)
- green food color (optional)
- Add the butter, confectioner's sugar, salt, and lime juice to the stand mixer and mix on low using the paddle attachment until combined. Turn the speed to med-high until the icing is fluffy. Add the icing to a pastry bag fitted with a 2D tip and ice the cupcakes.
- Optional - Add the sugar and a couple drops of the food coloring to a food processor. Process until the sugar turns green. Spread the sugar onto a plate and let dry for 15 minutes. Sprinkle onto freshly-iced cupcakes and enjoy!
- An original recipe from Confections of a Foodie Bride
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Luscious Tropical Dream Cake
Ultimate Peanut Butter & Chocolate Banana SplitSee More