- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- For the cupcakes:
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp lime zest (1 lime)
- 1 cup soy milk (plain or vanilla)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp tequila
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Frosting (recipe below
- Preheat oven to 350F. Fill a 12-cup muffin tin with liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together lime juice, lime zest, soy milk, oil, tequila, vanilla and sugar.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add to lime mixture and stir until just combined.
- Divide evenly into muffin tins.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes, until a tester comes out clean and the cakes spring back when lightly pressed.
- Turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Chicken with Basil-Lemon-Garlic Oil, Parmesan, and Black Pepper
Blue Cheese Pull Apart Loaf
MINESTRONE SOUPSee More