- Cooking Time: 1 hr 10mins
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 1hr 10 mins
- * 50 vanilla wafer cookies
- * 1/2 cup walnuts
- * 1/4 cup butter, melted
- * 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- * 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- * 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- * 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- * 3/4 cup heavy cream
- * 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- * 4 tablespoons shortening
- * 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a blender or food processor, blend the vanilla wafer cookies and walnuts into fine crumbs. Transfer to a 9 inch pie pan. Mix in the butter and maple syrup. Using a fork, press firmly and evenly onto the bottom and sides of the pie pan to create a crust. Chill 10 minutes in the freezer.
- 2. In a large bowl, blend the vanilla ice cream, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice. Spoon into the pie crust. Smooth top with a spatula. Chill 1 hour in the freezer, or until firm.
- 3. Before serving pie, place the heavy cream and granulated sugar in a small bowl. Mix with an electric mixer on high speed until peaks form. Spoon into a pastry bag with a star tip and pipe around the edge of the pie.
- 4. In a small saucepan over low heat, melt shortening and chocolate chips, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Transfer to a small plastic container and chill in the freezer 30 minutes, or until firm.
- 5. Remove chocolate from container. Using a vegetable peeler or cheese slicer, scrape the chocolate to form small curls. Use the curls to decorate the pie
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More