- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 carrot, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 large potatoes, peeled, cut into large pieces
- 2 lbs stewing beef, cut into 1-inch cubes (900g)
- 1/2 cup of olive oil (120ml)
- 3 cups of red wine (710ml)
- 1/2 cup tomato purÌe (120ml)
- salt and fresh black pepper to season
- In a large stewing pot, heat extra virgin olive oil and sear beef for a few minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove beef from the pot and add carrots, celery, and onions. Cook for 2 minutes or until vegetables have become soft.
- Add 1 cup of red wine and let reduce.
- Add the potatoes to the pot and season with salt and pepper.
- Throw the seared beef back into the pot then add tomato purÌe and the remaining wine.
- Let the liquid come to a boil and reduce the heat to medium. Simmer for an hour and a half
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More