- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb bacon, diced
- 1 1/2 lb beef sirloin tip, diced
- 1 can green beans
- 1 cup frozen peas
- salt & pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs pork loin, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can waxed beans
- 1 1/2 cups raw rice
- Fry the bacon til crisp.
- Remove the fat and bacon separately.
- Brown the beef in 2 tablespoons of bacon fat and salt and pepper.
- Set aside.
- Soften the _ in 1 tablespoon bacon fat.
- Add the meat back and add the juices from the canned beans.
- Simmer til tender, about 30 minutes.
- Cook the rice til fluffy.
- Add the vegetables and rice to the meat.
- Heat through.
- Correct the seasonings.
- Place all in a large oven proof serving dish.
- Sprinkle with the bacon and cover with foil and keep warm til served.
Notes2010 WSGW & The Maytag Store's Potluck Showdown with Michigan Sugar
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes for Vitality
My Family Cookbook
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More