- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb bacon, diced
- 1 1/2 lb beef sirloin tip, diced
- 1 can green beans
- 1 cup frozen peas
- salt & pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs pork loin, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can waxed beans
- 1 1/2 cups raw rice
- Fry the bacon til crisp.
- Remove the fat and bacon separately.
- Brown the beef in 2 tablespoons of bacon fat and salt and pepper.
- Set aside.
- Soften the _ in 1 tablespoon bacon fat.
- Add the meat back and add the juices from the canned beans.
- Simmer til tender, about 30 minutes.
- Cook the rice til fluffy.
- Add the vegetables and rice to the meat.
- Heat through.
- Correct the seasonings.
- Place all in a large oven proof serving dish.
- Sprinkle with the bacon and cover with foil and keep warm til served.
Notes2010 WSGW & The Maytag Store's Potluck Showdown with Michigan Sugar
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Roasted Pepper Potato Soup
Oven Crispy FriesSee More