- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4- 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 lb Gemelli Pasta
- 1 package Lipton Secrets Garlic and Herb
- 1/2 of a green and a red pepper (strips)
- 3 portabella mushroom caps (strips)
- 1 can artichoke hearts (chopped)
- 1/2 cup green olives (chopped)
- 1/2 cup black olives (chopped)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 6 sundried tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups cubed cheese (basil/sundried tomato/cheddar/jalapino)
- Olive oil
- Bring water to a boil and cook pasta according to directions. Once cooked, strain and rinse with cold water, set aside.
- Saute peppers and mushrooms with olive oil for 5 minutes on medium heat, covered. Peppers will still have bright color and will still be somewhat crisp. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine artichoke hearts, green and black olives, tomatos, and sun dried tomatos. -Add the pasta and sauted veggies.
- Drizzle about 2 tbsps of olive oil over the mixture. Lightly sprinkle with lipton secrets seasoning while mixing. Add olive oil as needed.
- Refrigerate for 1/2 hour or until ready to eat.
NotesI created this for dinner with remaining stuff i had in the fridge and pantry. Many other things can be added or removed from this recipe. (ie. marinated mushrooms, pepperoni, sauted onions). Any type of pasta can be used. The Lipton Secrets Seasoning is a must, but i'm sure you could try out other flavors...but the one i mentioned is most suiting.
We served this with a marinated grilled steak. With the left overs we cut up the meat and added it to the pasta salad...very good! You could also do this with chicken and make this a main meal, or as a side at parties....