- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstorySeveral years ago Marilyn brought these bars to a meeting. They were such a hit, that she graciously shared her recipe with everyone.
- 3/4 cup soft margarine
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk, NOT evaporated
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, pecans OR walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease 9 x 13 - inch pan.
- Combine margarine, white sugar, salt, and flour. Beat on low speed with mixer until fine particles form.
- Press 2/3 of mixture firmly into the bottom of pan.
- Heat condensed milk on low heat.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Stir occasionally, until chocolate chips melt.
- Pour over crust in pan. Sprinkle with remaining 1/3 crumb mixture.
- Bake for 15 to 30 minutes, until lightly browned.