- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 small onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 medium carrots, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed (or 1 12 ounce can of chicken, drained)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (or 2 teaspoons dried parsley)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese
- Saute onion in butter, add broth, carrots, and potatoes; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add chicken, parsley, salt, and pepper; heat through.
- Combine flour and milk until smooth, add to soup, and bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir until thick.
- Reduce heat, add cream cheese and mix until cheese is smooth.
- Serve with salad and crusty bread.
NotesQuick, delicious recipe courtesy of a very talented cook and co-worker
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Picnic Chicken SaladSee More