- Cooking Time: 1 hr.
- Servings: 10-12
- Preparation Time: 15 min.
- 2 Table. olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups of diced onions
- 1 Table. brown sugar
- 5 large garlic cloves, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of oregano
- 1/2 teaspoons of crushed fennel seeds
- 1 Tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 3 (28 oz.) cans of diced tomatoes
- 2 heaping tablespoons of tomato paste
- Heat oil and saute the onion for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the next 8 ingredients and cook for a minute stirring often. Stir in the vinegar and then add the broth and tomatoes; bring to a simmer. Cook over low heat for approximately one hour or until sauce thickens. Cool. Freezes well.
NotesI found this recipe on the internet and made a few modifications. I really like it. Great for chicken or eggplant parmesan.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Cooking for a Cure
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!See More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More