- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large carrots, processed
- 3 stalks celery, processed
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 1 can beef consommé
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 2 (28-ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 (28-ounce) can tomato sauce (not puree)
- 2 cups water
- 2 medium-size cans mushrooms (stems and pieces)
- 1 to 2 cups red wine
- 1. In a large pot (not aluminum), add the olive oil, all the processed and chopped vegetables, and ½ can of the consommé; sauté on medium-low heat until tender (about 5 to 6 minutes), stirring often.
- 2. Add the Italian seasoning and basil; “cook in” for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly, on medium-low heat.
- 3. Add the sugar, garlic salt, remaining ½ can of consommé, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and 2 cups of water; simmer uncovered for 1 to 2 hours.
- 4. Add the mushrooms and 1 cup of wine. If the sauce is too thick, add a little more wine; simmer for 30 minutes.
- Note: If adding meat, brown the meat and add 1 hour before the sauce is done
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Vegan Eats!See More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More