- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- One 2½ lb. Flank steak
- 4 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. salad oil
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Dash of pepper
- Juice of one lemon
- Marinate meat one hour.
- Broiler temp: 500º
- Broil about 15 minutes
- Serves 6 or more
- In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, chopped scallions, oil, seasoning, pepper, and lemon juice.
- With a sharp knife, score the flank steak lightly on both sides.
- Pour half the marinade on one side of steak in shallow pan and spread evenly.
- Turn and repeat procedure on other side.
- Cover the pan and let stand for 1 hour.
- Place meat on a rack in broiler pan.
- Broil about 7 minutes on one side; turn and broil 8 minutes longer, if you wish it well done.
NotesI've had this recipe over 30 years and can't remember where I found it...it's really tasty, sliced thinly across the grain.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More