- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- One 2½ lb. Flank steak
- 4 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. salad oil
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Dash of pepper
- Juice of one lemon
- Marinate meat one hour.
- Broiler temp: 500º
- Broil about 15 minutes
- Serves 6 or more
- In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, chopped scallions, oil, seasoning, pepper, and lemon juice.
- With a sharp knife, score the flank steak lightly on both sides.
- Pour half the marinade on one side of steak in shallow pan and spread evenly.
- Turn and repeat procedure on other side.
- Cover the pan and let stand for 1 hour.
- Place meat on a rack in broiler pan.
- Broil about 7 minutes on one side; turn and broil 8 minutes longer, if you wish it well done.
NotesI've had this recipe over 30 years and can't remember where I found it...it's really tasty, sliced thinly across the grain.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Jean’s Recipe File
Vegan Eats!See More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More