MARINATED FOCACCIA SANDWICHES
- 2 (14 inch) Focaccia flat breads,
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TBS. fresh basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 TBS. onion, finely minced
- 2 TBS. garlic, finely minced
- 2 TBS. green olives, finely minced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/2 lb. salami, sliced
- 1/2 lb. proscuitto, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb. Provolone cheese, sliced
Combine ingredients for marinade and set aside.
Cut a very thin top layer off each bread to expose bread and allow marinade to soak in.
Spread 1/2 marinade on the cut side of 1 of the flat breads. Layer cheese, proscuitto and salami on marinated side of bread. Spread remaining marinade on cut side of second flat bread; place on top of layered filling ingredients.
Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Unwrap cut into squares and serve.