- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI first tasted this recipe in France. It's simplicity knocked me off my feet..literally!
It can also be made with your choice of wine. It is a delightful and refreshing end to a heavy meal. (this recipe is not intended for minors as it does contain alcohol!)
- 4 oranges
- 1/4 cup golden raisins or dried cranberries (optional)
- 8 Tbls.Grand Marnier, Cointreau or other citrus liqueur
- Sugar to taste
- Peel oranges removing all rind. Cut into 1/2 rounds.
- Pour Grand Marnier over the oranges.
- Sprinkle sugar.
- Marinate minimum of 24 hours, turning oranges from time to time.
- I like to serve the oranges with some kind of chocolate cookie.