- Cooking Time: see instructions
- Servings: (8) 4 ounce servings
- Preparation Time: see instructions
- 2 Pieces (2 lbs / 907 g) Beefsteak
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- If you don't have garlic: 1 clove = 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder OR 1/2
- teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2 Tbsp Annie's Organic Dijon Mustard (Vegan; gluten, soy-free & dairy-free)
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp Kikkoman Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 Tsp Honey OR 2 drops SweetLeaf SteviaClear, Liquid Stevia
- 2 oz (57 g) Tamarind (or 2 Tbsp Tamarind Paste)
- Paprika, Ground Chili Pepper
- optional: A pinch of sea salt (Soy Sauce and Dijon already has salt)
- 1- Dissolve 2 ounces of tamarind in 1/4 cup of boiling water, stir until thoroughly dissolved.
- 2- Pass the mixture through a strainer.
- 1- Mash garlic cloves into a small bowl.
- 2- Add dijon mustard, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, paprika as preferred, salt, ground chili pepper, honey, and mix thoroughly.
- 3- Add the tamarind paste and stir to combine until well blended.
- 4- Pour the mixture into a plastic bag with zip lock.
- 5- Place the beefsteaks into the plastic bag and zip/seal tight.
- 6- Rub and spread the mixture across the beef surface evenly.
- 7- Marinate the beef overnight or at least for 8 hours, keep in a refrigerator.
- 8- Spray a grill pan with cooking spray OR place in an oven safe pan (I use
- Wolfgang Puck's stainless steel cookware, with lid.)
- 9- Grill the steaks, flip the steak over so both sides get cooked thoroughly.
- 10- For medium rare, bring the interior temperature to 135º to 145º F (57º to 63º C), or for well done 160º to 212º F (71º to 100º C).
NotesIf you are a fan of Persian cuisine but thought that you would not be able to indulge due to diabetes, I have included a few, simple substitutions that will not greatly alter the flavor profile of the marinade.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
My Family Cookbook
Babette's Test KitchenSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More