- Cooking Time: see instructions
- Servings: (8) 4 ounce servings
- Preparation Time: see instructions
- 2 Pieces (2 lbs / 907 g) Beefsteak
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- If you don't have garlic: 1 clove = 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder OR 1/2
- teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2 Tbsp Annie's Organic Dijon Mustard (Vegan; gluten, soy-free & dairy-free)
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp Kikkoman Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 Tsp Honey OR 2 drops SweetLeaf SteviaClear, Liquid Stevia
- 2 oz (57 g) Tamarind (or 2 Tbsp Tamarind Paste)
- Paprika, Ground Chili Pepper
- optional: A pinch of sea salt (Soy Sauce and Dijon already has salt)
- 1- Dissolve 2 ounces of tamarind in 1/4 cup of boiling water, stir until thoroughly dissolved.
- 2- Pass the mixture through a strainer.
- 1- Mash garlic cloves into a small bowl.
- 2- Add dijon mustard, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, paprika as preferred, salt, ground chili pepper, honey, and mix thoroughly.
- 3- Add the tamarind paste and stir to combine until well blended.
- 4- Pour the mixture into a plastic bag with zip lock.
- 5- Place the beefsteaks into the plastic bag and zip/seal tight.
- 6- Rub and spread the mixture across the beef surface evenly.
- 7- Marinate the beef overnight or at least for 8 hours, keep in a refrigerator.
- 8- Spray a grill pan with cooking spray OR place in an oven safe pan (I use
- Wolfgang Puck's stainless steel cookware, with lid.)
- 9- Grill the steaks, flip the steak over so both sides get cooked thoroughly.
- 10- For medium rare, bring the interior temperature to 135º to 145º F (57º to 63º C), or for well done 160º to 212º F (71º to 100º C).
NotesIf you are a fan of Persian cuisine but thought that you would not be able to indulge due to diabetes, I have included a few, simple substitutions that will not greatly alter the flavor profile of the marinade.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Lau Family RecipesSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More