- Cooking Time: 8 to 16
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 3 tbsp finely chopped onion
- 2 tbsp cider or red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive or vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp beef bouillon granules
- 1 clove garlic, minced (I always use more
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 beef rib eye steaks (about 1" thick or 12 oz each)
- In a bowl combine the first nine ingredients. Remove one cup of the marinade and refrigerate. Pierce steak several times on each side with fork; place in a glass dish.
- Pour remaining marinade over steaks, turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove steaks, discarding marinade.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium-high heat 4 - 8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness.
- Warm the reserved marinade and serve with steaks as dipping sauce.
NotesFrom TOH Grilling Recipes Collection/2003
These are outstanding. I have omitted the bouillon and still had great results.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More