- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3 c. hot water
- 3 Tb. finely chopped onion
- 2 Tb. cider OR red wine vinegar
- 2 Tb. olive OR vegetable
- 2 Tb. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. beef bouillon granules
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. coarsely ground pepper
- 2 beef rib eye steaks (about 1" thick and 12 oz. each)
- In a bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Remove 1/2 c. marinade and refrigerate. Pierce steaks several times on both sides with a fork; place in a glass dish. Pour remaining marinade over steaks; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove steaks, discarding marinade.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 4-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness. Warm reserved marinade, serve with steaks.
- Pat said in her review : "I didn't reserve any of the marinade to serve with my steak. I used my FoodSaver square canister to marinate the steaks in just a couple of hours instead of overnight. Very tasty and tender."
- Kay says: I did marinate my steaks overnight. I doubled the recipe for 4 steaks and though I did reserve and heat some of the marinade, nobody used it!! The steaks were absolutely perfect and didn't need anything to enhance the flavor!! Also, I chose to use the red wine vinegar (red meat) and olive oil (it's healthier for you)!! I will definitely be using this marinade again. Fact is, I've got a couple of buffalo steaks I want to try it on soon!
NotesI was searching for a good marinade recipe a couple of years ago and stumbled across this one in the TOH BB Archives! OMGosh!! This is THE best marinade for steaks ever!! The poster's board name was PatPitter!! Apparently it came from a TOH Grilling Recipes Collection. I make it every time we're going to grill steaks!! Funny thing is, we always liked our steaks naked!! Not any more!! LOL
Notes follow recipe
TOH Grilling Recipes Collection, 2003
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More