- Cooking Time: 6-8 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 lbs. skirt steak
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- 1 cup loosely packed parsley leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- Juice of half a lemon
- salt and pepper
- 1-3 Tbls. olive oil
- In a large ziploc bag, combine extra virgin olive oil, vinegar, red pepper, basil, salt and pepper.
- Add steak to the bag and toss to coat.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Place cilantro, parsley, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste, and 1 Tbls. olive oil in the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse to combine. Add more oil if needed to make a paste.
- Add chopped tomatoes to herb paste and stir to combine.
- Cook steak over a preheated grill for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Set aside to rest for 5 minutes before slicing on the bias.
- Serve topped with tomatoes and chimichurri.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Two Layer Peppermint Bark
Spicy Bean Tamales
The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever!See More